Red Carpet Worthy Dress?

September 9, 2010

Don't Look at My Facial Expression

So, did I mention I actually WON the Honda essay contest for the Variety Power of Women red carpet correspondent!  I’ll be headed to Beverly Hills to interview the attendees, which will include honorees Diane Lane, Jennifer Garner, Katie Holmes, Natalie Portman, Eva Mendes, Amy Adams, and Suzan Bymel. Oh Em Gee.

Since it’s a lunch, I’ve been having a hard time figuring appropriate dress.  We’ve been told some attendees will wear dresses while others will wear suits.

I picked this dress up today at Nordstrom Rack – what do you think?  It has the tags still on it, so I can take it back if necessary.  The color is more of a purplish blue – very pretty.

I’m still trying to decide…

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Crista Makdouli September 9, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Oe Em Gee GIRL!! Congrats:)!!! Love the dress too. I say yes, and make a statement with the shoes;). Have FUN!!!

Sarah Auerswald September 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Jodi, congrats! How cool! If you’ve got time for a Motherboard/LA friends meetup while you’re in town, let me know – it’d be great to see you!

And my advice about your dress is: wear something you’ll feel comfortable in.

ClassyMommy September 9, 2010 at 4:35 pm

V. classy dress. I’d be majorly stressing on what to wear too…. I love thed dress but also love idea of styling pant suit with bright gorgeous heels and accessories too since you are “covering” the event reporter style. Can’t wait to read all about your experience of a lifetime. xo colleen

Nate's Mom September 9, 2010 at 4:42 pm

That dress looks perfect! Congratulations – what a wonderful prize to win! Lovely host of women there but I sure hope you get to meet Betty White – she’s my favorite!!! :)

Melissa - Shrinking Jeans September 9, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Congrats – how FUN! You look gorgeous!

MomsLifesavers September 9, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I love it!

Jamie September 9, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Love the color and the style. I love classic style dresses. I would bling it up with maybe a statement necklace and earrings and heels, but nothing too over the top since it’s daytime.

I have a dress that I actually had bought for New York for a cocktail party but did not wear. Yea! It’s black and teal. I just need to get some accessories. Can’t wait!

Whitney September 9, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Jodi: I love the shimmer on the dress. I agree with Crista: make a statement with some strappy, high heels!

Jennifer (Savor) September 9, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Add some heels, earings and a few bracelets and you are good to go! congrats!

niri September 14, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Love the color. You are 10 steps ahead of me – I still need to find a dress.

Can’t wait to hit Beverly Hills together Jodi and congrats on the interviewing gig :-)